Entrepreneur in Residence
- Over thirty-five years of corporate finance, business strategy, and operations experience both with large firms, such as Allied-Signal, Sterling Drug and Sanofi Pharmaceuticals.
- CFO & VP of Business Operations of two privately-held, venture capital-backed emerging life sciences companies spun out of Yale University, CGI Pharmaceuticals (a kinase drug discovery company purchased by Gilead Sciences) and HistoRx (a tissue protein, oncology biomarker diagnostics and medical device company purchased by Genoptix).
- VP of Finance & Corporate Treasurer for IntelligentMDx (a Cambridge-based commercial manufacturer of clinical diagnostics focused on infectious diseases).
- He raised over a total of $100MM from venture capital and/or strategic partner sources for these three start-ups.
- Tom has an MBA in Finance and Non-Profit Management from the University of Chicago and a BA in History, Economics and Environmental Studies from Boston College.
Mentor Experience: Fund-Raising/Investor Presentations, Business Plan Development, Partnering Strategy & Financial Operations