Please see below for details on current TIP company openings. If you have any questions please contact: Brandon Nickle, email@example.com
Azitra Associate Research Scientist/Molecular and Cell Biologist
As an Associate Research Scientist you will;
- Conduct experiments using reconstituted human epithelium (RHE) and animal ex vivo skin models
- Characterization of the in vitro and in vivo properties of engineered bacterial strains in human skin models.
- Perform tissue culture of human cell lines and characterize their interactions with bacterial strains of interest using biochemical and immunological assays
- Propose and prioritize next steps for strain improvement, and systematically trouble-shoot technical hurdles.
- Constructively contribute new ideas, suggestions, insights at project meetings, as well as ad hoc.
- Support internal and external collaborations.
- Record and present data in well-organized written and oral formats.
- Contribute to study reports and draft manuscripts.
- Work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Attend and present at internal and external meetings/conferences as required.
Your background will likely include:
- A background in molecular biology, cell biology and experience in skin physiology and immunology
- Familiarity with handling BSL-2 bacteria, mammalian cell culture, and sterile technique.
- Experience in the development and performance of biochemical and mammalian/bacterial cell-based assays.
- The ability to design/troubleshoot/ validate assays, and critically analyze assay data.
- Excellent technical and computer skills; experience with Western blots, ELISAs, PCR, qPCR, flow cytometry.
- Ability to work with database-related software to manage and capture study data.
- MS + 5 years experience in pharmaceutical research; degree focus in immunology, molecular biology, or cell biology.
- Prior experience in skin immunology and/or skin physiology are highly desired. Experience working with skin commensal bacteria a plus.
Sara Mootien-Boyd, Ph.D