The mission of Technology Commercialization Services is to expedite and facilitate the transformation of UConn discoveries into products and services that benefit patients, industry, and society. Our goals are to bring together UConn researchers and the business community in order to significantly enhance the commercial and societal impact of UConn’s research; identify and help move inventions by UConn faculty, staff, and students towards the market through licensing or new company formation; secure patent protection for new technologies; and generate support for ongoing applied/translational research projects including industry partnerships.
Supporting Inventors. Expanding Innovation.
Through a coordinated approach, Technology Commercialization Services empowers inventors along the commercialization continuum. We also help industry connect to UConn's world-class faculty experts and their groundbreaking discoveries.
Contact us to evaluate and protect a UConn invention; find proof of concept and/or startup funding at UConn, from the investment community, as well as state and private sources; receive coaching and mentoring for your new venture; start a company; license a technology; incubate your business at UConn; and access University-wide programs supporting innovation and entrepreneurship.
- TCS provides several services to help faculty at each step in the commercialization process:
- Secure patent protection for new technologies
- Help to move UConn discoveries towards the market through new company formation or licensing
- Facilitate partnerships with industry
- Help form cross-disciplinary collaborations
- Drive entrepreneurial activities and education
- Provide incubation space and mentoring services in Farmington, Storrs, and soon in Stamford